At The Hill we welcome our duties under the Equality Act 2010. The school’s general duties, with regards to equality are:
- Eliminating discrimination
- Fostering good relationships
- Advancing equality of opportunity
We do not discriminate against anyone, be they staff or pupil, on the grounds of their sex, race, colour, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender realignment, ethnic or national origins.
The Hill Equality objectives
- We promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide in our school.
- We aim to ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities provided by the school.
- We constantly strive to remove any forms of indirect discrimination that may form barriers to learning.
- We ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve.
- We challenge stereotyping and prejudice whenever it occurs.
- We celebrate the cultural diversity of our school and wider community and show respect for all minority groups.
- We are aware that prejudice and stereotyping is sometimes caused by low self-image and ignorance. Through positive educational experiences and support for each individual’s point of view, we aim to promote positive social attitudes and respect for all.