We do not discriminate against anyone, be they staff or pupil, on the grounds of their sex, race, colour, religion, nationality, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender realignment, ethnic or national origins.
At The Hill:
- We promote the principles of fairness and justice for all through the education that we provide in our school.
- We aim to ensure that all pupils have equal access to the full range of educational opportunities provided by the school.
- We constantly strive to remove any forms of indirect discrimination that may form barriers to learning.
- We ensure that all recruitment, employment, promotion and training systems are fair to all, and provide opportunities for everyone to achieve.
- We challenge stereotyping and prejudice whenever it occurs.
- We celebrate the cultural diversity of our school and wider community and show respect for all minority groups.
- We are aware that prejudice and stereotyping is sometimes caused by low self-image and ignorance. Through positive educational experiences and support for each individual’s point of view, we aim to promote positive social attitudes and respect for all.
Please see our Equality policy for more detail as to how we meet the public sector equality duty. This can be found on the Policies page of this website.